The JCA is committed to providing our members with information that is important to their career in claims. We are pleased to provide this listing of positions available in the area. For more information about these openings, contact the company that is offering the opportunity.
If you or your firm are Members of the Jacksonville Claims Association and are interested in posting insurance adjuster/claims jobs on this employment page, please e-mail us at email@example.com. There is no charge for this service. If possible, please let us know how long to keep the position posted, to ensure that we present only those positions that are open. Thank you.
EMPLOYMENT COMPANIES: We will gladly add your job opening for the fee of $25 per month.
Please include the following information:
- Company name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Fax number
- E-mail address
- Your web address and
- Details regarding the position(s).
Cypress Property & Casualty Insurance Company
Senior Property Claims Adjuster Jacksonville, FL, US The Senior Property Claims Adjuster role provides prompt, courteous, and fair claim service on complex high severity and large loss claims. You will be responsible for investigation of property claims to determine coverage, corresponding with customers over the phone, obtaining important claims information, and negotiating damage settlements. You will be documenting claim activity into our claim system and following processes that provide fair settlements or claim resolutions, customer satisfaction and excellent cost management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Acknowledge claim assignments; confirm policy coverage, direct adjustment of claims
• Interpret policy, make decisions using independent judgment on moderate-to-difficult claims and determine if coverage applies to claims submitted
• Investigate claims to determine validity and verify extent of damage by telephone contact with insureds
• Negotiate settlements and authorize payments within scope of authority, settling claims timely, and in the most cost-effective manner
• Investigate and settle advanced, large loss, complex claims promptly and equitably under minimal supervision
• Develop and maintain working relationships with vendors/experts in the insurance industry
• Keep abreast of claim and related legal principles, tax requirements, as well as underwriting rules and procedures
• Keep the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflect the adjustment activities and substantiate any payments made.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience;
• Minimum Five (5)+ years experience desk adjusting moderate to complex claims with increasing responsibilities in a company environment regarding claims in Florida and/or Texas.
• Litigation and disputed claims experience preferred
• As required by regulatory entities, relevant professional designations and certifications highly desirable. Ability to acquire insurance licenses as required by role. Florida License in good standing is required; and ability to acquire Texas Property & Casualty Insurance Adjuster License within 3 months of hire
• Ensures that all assigned claims are concluded promptly and equitably
• Previous catastrophic claim handling preferred, but not required
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and organizations skills, including presentation skills
• Strong computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Web based programs
• Experience using Claim systems (i.e. Xactanalysis and AS400 knowledge)
• Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating persistence and problem-solving skills
• Interpersonal and leadership skills – servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
• Emotional intelligence – self awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, empathy
• Ability to read/write/speak English & Spanish encouraged to apply
Apply for Senior Property Claims Adjuster using the link below:
Senior Property Claims Adjuster
Liability Claims Specialist
Landstar Risk Management Claim Services, Inc. has a position open for a “Liability Claims Specialist” in Jacksonville, FL
Job description: Brief description, investigate and evaluate third party bodily injury and property damage liability claims involving a Landstar entity, reaching a fair and equitable decision or resolution considering all related factual material, applicable laws, jurisdictional rules and regulations.
- Minimum of a two-year college degree with demonstrated continued learning.
- At least three years related liability claims experience
- Active Florida adjuster license or other home state adjuster license reciprocal with Florida.
How to Apply
Applicants can go to Landstar.com under the “Join us” tab to apply or send resume to: Frank Albanese, CPCU, AIC, Vice President, Claims, Landstar RMCS, 13410 Sutton Park Drive, South , Jacksonville, FL 32224; Phone: 904-390-1319 Fax: 904-306-2504 firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Adjuster Positions Available
Company Description: Claims Adjustment Group is a well established full line independent adjusting firm headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
Job Description: We are seeking experienced adjusters for daily claims in North Florida (Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Palm Coast, Daytona) and surrounding areas.
REQUIREMENTS ADJUSTER – DAILY CLAIMS
- Minimum of 4 years full time experience in property claims.
- Proficient in Xactimate.
- Professional demeanor.
- Able to perform thorough investigations, provide a quality work product, and meet deadlines.
- Appropriately licensed.